Alameda Naval Air Museum is looking for an experienced grant writer to assist in pursuing funding for museum programs. Alameda Naval Air Museum is a registered CA 501C non-profit organization.
Position Duties include:
- Research and contact foundations and institutions to obtain applications and deadline information, maintain a tickler list of upcoming application deadlines and funding files.
- Seek out and compile information around specific programs and initiatives within the foundation for which grants may be requested.
- Research, recommend, prioritize and ultimately apply for grants from a wide variety of governmental, private, and public foundations and institutions
- Compile, write, and edit all grant applications, following each grant-making organization's guidelines.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive materials and documentation.
- Supply progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a similarly situated museum project or program.
- Recent experience at research and writing of grants
- Proven track record of success in obtaining grants
- Recent samples of grant requests
Perform position responsibilities under the general direction of the museum’s Fundraising Manager, following established guidelines and procedures. Monthly reporting required.
Contacts and Network:
Contacts include the general public, volunteers, supervisors, and museum board members.
After initial meeting, work can be done from volunteer’s home.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- AA, BA or related non-profit or business experience desired.