ALAMEDA Meyers House Museum & Gardens
2021 Alameda Avenue, Alameda, CA, near Chestnut Street in a residential neighborhood.
Open 4th Saturdays of the month, 1 pm to 4 pm. Admission $5, free to Meyers House Guild Members ($25 annual dues).
Plan an hour for the Meyers House. Last guests should arrive not later than 3:30 pm.
If you have time, add a visit to the Alameda Museum (free, open 11 am to 4 pm) at 2324 Alameda Ave. to learn more about our city's history. Consider having lunch on Park Street, then go to the Meyers House.
MEYERS HOUSE MUSEUM & GARDENS:
*City of Alameda Monument #26.
*Exquisitely furnished 1897 home, filled with antique furniture, stunning decorative arts.
*Family home of renowned county architect Henry H. Meyers and his family who lived there for almost 100 years.
* Fashion & Accessory Exhibit in the basement features clothing & shoes from family, a country kitchen tableau, and framed art.
* Mediterranean style Studio/Office of Henry & architect daughter Mildred.
*Architectural Exhibit in former 3-car garage.
* Beautiful grounds are part of three City lots that make up the estate.
*Trained docents provide guided tour and are frequently attired in period inspired dress.
* Building interiors and exhibits furnished and maintained by volunteer staff under direction of George Gunn, Curator of Alameda Museum.
* Reservations not required except for groups larger than 8 people. 510-865-1767
SPECIAL GROUP TOURS:
* For a fee of $150 and up, the house can be opened during other days of the week, with 3 weeks notice.
* Bus full, up to 40 people, broken into 4 groups of 10 can view the estate in approximately 1.5 hours.
* ADA restroom and slide presentation for people with mobility impairment. There are stairs to enter main house & three levels.
* Grounds have gravel, grass and cement pathways, floral beds, large trees and statuary.
LEARN MORE: www.alamedamuseum.org