This week's deals in Alameda include clothing, stringed instruments, and, believe it or not, a pop-up shelter.
1. Raindrops keep falling on the ground, which means it's a great time to take advantage of 's 20 percent discount on super-cute rain boots (and the 40 percent off they've marked off their regular boots, too). Sale lasts as long as supplies last.
2. Blooming deals: And while you're on that block of Park Street, check out this $25-for-$50-worth-clothing Trubate deal for (1336 Park St.), a teeny tiny shop that caters to pre-teen girls (think skinny-leg jeans, T-shirts, accessories and some dressier clothing, too).
3. Make music by picking up one (or more) of the many stringed instruments now on sale at (1506 Webster St.). Electric and acoustic guitars, banjos, ukeleles, mandolins, amps and more will be on sale there until March 20.
4. Good stuff, free! Patch reader Carol Parker wrote in to remind us that Alameda has a thriving Freecycle community. Use it to find a good home for things you no longer need — and look for something you can't live without. This week's deals have included an Ikea shelf, a white toilet (don't scoff — it had an oak seat!), a crib and crib mattress, and a whole bag of baby-proofing supplies. Join via the Alameda group's Yahoo page. New deals every day.
5. Gimme shelter: Just in time for the baseball, softball, lacrosse and spring soccer seasons: at (325 Park St., in the ), the Sierra II Slant Leg Shelter is on sale for $95, a whopping 37 percent off its normal $149.99 price. Shelter provides 81 square feet of shade; Big 5 is offering this sale price through March 14.