Frugal Family Planner will appear every Wednesday on Alameda Patch. Heard about a money-saving deal? Send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Pick up now, save later: If you go to this week, there's a flyer at the front registers with a $5 coupon for any regular priced purchase of $20 or more. Use it March 1-31.
2. Cool clothes, sale prices: , 1501 Webster St., is having a sale on lots and lots of clothing. This shop is full of funky, flowing, original pieces that are just right for those of you with even a slightly arty side. (You can see samples here.) Sale lasts through this week.
3. Romantic getaway alert: Travelzoo is offering a "luxury wine country getaway for two" for $199 (it's usually $475) at The Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa. Package includes a king deluxe room and a $100 credit toward dinner at the hotel's John Ash & Co. restaurant. Valid Sunday-Friday nights through April 14, 2011.
4. Mug Modification: is kicking off a new monthly series of DIY projects this Thursday night (Feb. 10) with a craft class on re-decorating old mugs. The class is free, although you're encouraged to give a $5 donation.
5. Hey, dogs need deals too! (And cats, too, of course.) Dog Bone Alley is offering discounts of 20 to 50 percent off on select clothing, collars, toys, and more during its winter sale, which ends Feb. 23.