Need to Know appears every weekday on Alameda Patch. Send tips for future Five Things to email@example.com.
- It is so cool that somebody , even if it involves corruption and methamphetamine sales. It’s called and is a pilot for a television show about a rookie cop “who has to deal with depression, difficult bosses and corrupt city politics” in the fictional town of Almaden. Sneak previews at the Alameda Theatre tonight, Wednesday and Thursday.
- The City Council meets tonight at 7 in a special session to talk about negotiations for a long-term lease of the .
- The has a regular meeting tonight. The agenda includes a report on the Gov. Jerry Brown’s , the district’s initial negotiations with the teachers' union and the renewal of charters for and . The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. and will be held in the cafeteria, since the City Council is using its chambers tonight.
- The corner of Encinal Avenue and High Street has gotten more lively lately with the expanding entertainment calendar at . Tuesday is , and they’re bringing in comedians from around the Bay Area to perform.
- is putting on a slam — oops, — for young people on Feb. 11. They need three judges and encourage educators to get involved.
Plan ahead: This Saturday is the , the group’s major fundraiser that supports its community activities. Goes all evening, with dancing too.