Everywhere I went this weekend—, , , 24 Hour Fitness—everyone was talking about Judgment Day, .
Saturday morning on the sidelines of a U10 soccer game down at Alameda Point, soccer dad and ad man Tom Geary began brainstorming reasons why there'd be no Judgment Day. Maybe there was no judge available? Many something was amiss with the schedule?
And while there was a just after 7 p.m. Saturday night centered up in Hercules and felt by many here, Alameda stands.
So, thanks to Geary for sending over his list of 10 possible reasons why Judgment Day didn't happen Saturday:
- Simon Cowell not available
- Cowell's back-up, Judge Judy, not available
- Alarm clock battery failed
- IRS allowed extension
- Y2K bug kicked in—finally
- Real date of 7045 was mangled during seven-billion-person game of telephone
- Maria Shriver Schwarzenegger awarded custody of Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Scheduling conflict with Dancing with the Stars finale
- Congress deadlocked on how to finance
- Camping's calendar based on Book of Mormon