All events are in Alameda on July 4.
MAYOR'S PARADE R.A.C.E.
- When: 9–11 a.m.
- Where: , 1416 Park St.
- What: A five-kilometer (3.1-mile) run and walk benefiting the Midway Shelter for Abused Women and Children. The starting time is 9:45 a.m. just before the 4th of July Parade. The course starts on Park Street in front of the Bank of Alameda and follows the parade route, ending at Haight and Webster in front of the reviewing stand.
- Cost: $25 pre-registered, $30 R.A.C.E. day. You may register by downloading a form or register online at www.AlamedaRACE.com. Free for viewers.
- More info: www.AlamedaRACE.com
FOURTH OF JULY PARADE
- When: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: Begins at Park Street and Lincoln Avenue and follows a three-mile route. See the route here.
- What: The second largest Independence Day parade in the nation, with over 170 floats and 2,500 participants. The longest parade route in the United States. Equestrians, dance troupes, floats, antique cars, marching bands and — very likely — you, your kids and/or your neighbors.
- Cost: Free
- More info: alamedaparade.com
JUMPIN' AND JIVIN' JUBILEE
- When: Noon-4 p.m.
- Where: , 1400 Otis Dr.
- What: The city's family-oriented post-parade party. Games, crafts, jump houses and music. Food (gourmet sausages, hot dogs, apple pie and more) available for purchase.
- Cost: Free admission. Free bike and car parking available behind (on blacktop at basketball courts). Activities costs for ages 5 and older: $7 per person for a Crafts wristband (includes four different projects); $10 per person for a Games and Jump Houses wristband; and $15 for an All-Inclusive wristband.
- More info:
USS HORNET's 4TH OF JULY
- When: 1-9 p.m.
- Where: , 707 W. Hornet Ave., Pier 3
- What: Family-friendly Independence Day celebration with interactive games, a bounce house, flight simulator rides, exhibits including Apollo Moon Mission display and more than a dozen aircraft. Live music starting at 2 p.m. on the flight deck. Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. Explore the flight deck, hangar bays, engine room, flight operations, captain’s bridge, ship’s hospital, combat information center and torpedo shop. In the evening, remain on the flight deck to watch panoramic views of Bay Area fireworks.
- Cost: All-day admission: $25 for adults ($20 in advance) and $10 for children ages 5-17; museum members free
- More info: www.uss-hornet.org
ALAMEDA SOUTH SHORE CENTER 4TH OF JULY PARTY
- When: 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Where: 523 South Shore Center
- What: Bounce houses, hula hoops, face painting, henna tattoos, cotton candy and caramel corn. Dance to the sounds of Motordude Zydeco from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Cost: Free, with free parking.
- More info: alamedasouthshorecenter.com
REDS, WHITES AND BLUES
- When: 5-10 p.m.
- Where: Rosenblum Cellars, 2900 Main St.
- What: Evening festival of uniquely American food, wine and music. Blues music by the Bumpy Road Band, a barbecue on wheels, picnicking areas, and Rosenblum's made-in-America wines by the glass.
- Cost: Free admission, charges for food and wine.
- More info: www.rosenblumcellars.com