Meyers House Museum is City Monument #26. Henry H. Meyers was a renowned county architect responsible for several Veteran's Buildings, Twin Towers Methodist and First Presbyterian churches, as well as the portals to the Posey Tube and Caldecott Tunnel.
Built in 1897 by Henry's father Jacob, the house was the lifelong home to his wife Bertha and three daughters (Mildred, Edith, Jeanette). Run by Alameda Museum, the docent lead tours cost $5/person and include the entire house, the architectural exhibit and studio office. Plan at least an hour to enjoy the lavish furnishings, some original to the family, and the gardens that fill three city lots.
The grounds are available to rent for small weddings, anniversary parties, and art events. For details, email email@example.com