Somewhere in Alameda, the mother of an almost 3-year-old is having frightening flashbacks of intense, back-breaking pain and pushing a human being out of her nether regions whilst she curses a small fleck of eggshell that she is trying to retrieve from a bowl full of cake batter. There is flour, and perhaps a little bit of oatmeal from the morning, in her hair. Somehow, the two events mesh together quite vividly in her mind and the mother has decided that now (no, not later) would be a good time to pop open the bottle of champagne that she has been saving for the adult treat during "cake time" at the party.
She had visions of wearing a stylish dress with high heels while smiling graciously at guests, flipping her bouncing curls over one shoulder and saying things like, "Oh, the decorations and favours were really no work at all." and "Why yes, I did make the party hats and noise makers by hand. Thank you ever-so-much for noticing." But as she sips the last of her lonely glass of champagne she realizes that she added baking soda instead of baking powder to the cake batter and throws the whole darn thing (goodbye, small fleck of eggshell!) into the trash.
Before I continue, I have to add that while of course it truly is possible for an at-home-kid-birthday-party-bonanza to be a memorable and smile-inducing success, sometimes it's fun to throw a little spice into the celebration of another year passing by making use of some of Alameda's fabulous kid party venues. (Holy cow, that is a long sentence!)
Besides being able to rent one of Alameda's many park faclilties for your next party, there are also a number of venues in town that offer fabulously fun party packages:
1. : Tuckers Famous Ice Cream! Their balcony is the perfect place to let your party goers build their own sundaes and then eat their creations. There is enough space for party games and present opening. The main dining room is also available for rentals.
2. : Get ready to search for sand crabs and learn all about the creatures that inhabit Alameda's parkland. Expect crafts, (fun) education, silly surprises and goody bags.
3. : Ruby is waiting to guide the little ones as they balance on a balance beam, climb ladders, crawl through tunnels and under parachutes, hang upside down from a gymnastics bar, somersault, jump on a trampoline and much more.
4. Baladium Sports Club: Pick your favorite sporty-themed birthday party from the list (even the little, little ones will find something fun!) led by some of Baladium's skillful and energetic staff ... and don't forget the bouncy castle and pizza (in that order, might I suggest).
5. : Check out their huge showroom of fun pieces to paint ... then get ready for balloons, painting and pottery. Send your party invitations straight from their website.
6. : Choose from a beautiful clubhouse and an amazing patio complete with a BBQ area. A playground and use of a swimming pool await you and your little Happy Birthdayer! email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Circuits: Full of fun energy, Circuits' inflatable bouncers, virtual reality games, Wii, and so much more will keep the adults as happy as the kids.
8. : Pottery painting! Receive a fun, birthday cake-shaped frame to decorate and fill with a picture from your party. The Magic Paintbrush offers a variety of pieces to choose from when you're picking your party package.
9. : Why not go bowling with a theme ... in costume? You are encouraged to decorate your party area to your heart's content. Ask about bumper bowling and Xtreme bowling. Or if you'd prefer to simply bowl ... you'll still have lots of fun.
I am certain that there is a number 10 ... but I'm going to leave it open to you! I would love to hear about some of your favorite birthday party package destinations within Alameda.
Well, it's somebody's birthday somewhere ... so I'm going to go have that glass of champagne now.