Wednesday, Jan. 23
- 9:53 a.m.: A man was found deceased and floating in the water at Crown Beach Memorial Park. Alameda Patch reported that the man was 28-year-old Alameda resident Paul Chiu and the case is being investigated as a suicide.
- 11:18 a.m.: A commercial burglary was reported on the 600 block of Ranger Avenue. An unknown suspect entered the business through a front door from the adjoining business. The suspect climbed over the fence, took the loss and fled.
- 1:41 p.m.: Identity theft was reported on the 2200 block of Santa Clara Avenue. A suspect obtained a victim's credit card information by unknown means and made an online purchase.
- 3:45 p.m.: Fraud was reported on the 200 block of Maple Way. A suspect called a victim claiming to have a government refund for the victim. The victim sent several "transaction" fees through Western Union and never received her refund.
- 6:05 p.m.: A vehicle burglary was reported on the 2200 block of Mariner Square Loop. A suspect smashed the window of the victim's vehicle and stole a laptop and a gym bag containing miscellaneous clothing.
- 7:39 p.m.: A suspect used the victim's personal information to apply for a loan online.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- 7:10 a.m.: A vehicle burglary was reported on the 3200 block of Monte Vista Avenue. A suspect entered two locked vehicles and stole several items.
- 8:25 a.m.: A vehicle burglary was reported on the corner of Monte Vista Avenue and Fernside Boulevard. An unknown suspect entered victim's locked vehicle and removed vehicle registration card, insurance card, vehicle owner's manual and emergency kit.
- 1:22 p.m.: A residential burglary was reported on the 1200 block of Rosewood Way. Three 12-year-olds were arrested for attempting to gain entry into the victim's garage through a window.
- 1:54 p.m.: A commercial burglary was reported on the 2300 block of Clement Avenue. A suspect gained access into business' office/storage shed without permission and fled with loss.
- 4:58 p.m.: An assault with a weapon was reported on the 200 block of Central Avenue. While a victim was seated in his truck, a suspect approached him with a baseball bat. The suspect swung and broke the victim's vehicle window while yelling that he was going to kill the victim.
- 4:40 p.m.: Bad checks were reported on the 2200 block of Otis Drive. A 52-year-old man was arrested for attempting to pass a fraudulent check at a business.
- 8 p.m.: . An unknown suspect entered the pizza restaurant brandishing a handgun. The suspect ordered five victim's onto the ground and demanded their wallets. While all of the victims were lying on the ground, the suspect struck one victim on the left side of his face with a handgun, causing moderate injuries. The suspect then fled with U.S currency and two wallets in an unknown direction and remains outstanding at this time.
This report does not include all incidents recorded on the Alameda Police Department's daily activity log. The complete log is available for viewing on the APD website.