Sunday, Dec. 16
- 12:33 a.m.: A burglary on a vehicle was reported on the 1800 block of St. Charles Street.
- 1:30 p.m.: A car theft was reported on the 2100 block of Encinal Avenue. The suspect took the victim's car by using the key left inside the vehicle. The vehicle was later abandoned in the City of Oakland and towed by the Oakland Police Department.
- 5:09 p.m.: Petty theft was reported on the 2200 block of South Shore Center. A 51-year-old woman was placed under citizen's arrest by the business' loss prevention employee and a witness after being caught shoplifting. The woman placed store merchandise inside her purse and left the store without attempting to pay for the concealed items.
Saturday, Dec. 15
- 12:45 p.m.: Identity theft was reported on the 1400 block of 8th Street. An unknown suspect used a victim's personal information to open accounts without permission.
- 2:10 p.m.: Auto theft was reported on the 1100 block of Park Avenue.
Friday, Dec. 14
- 1:44 a.m.: A 24-year-old man was arrested on the 300 block of Pacific Avenue for drunk driving. He was the driver in a vehicle reported to have been involved in a hit-and-run collision with multiple parked vehicles. He admitted to being the driver of the vehicle at the time of the collisions and displayed objective signs/symptoms of alcohol intoxication.
- 11:07 a.m.: A residential burglary was reported on the 2900 block of Gibbons Drive. Unknown suspect(s) pried open a side window, entered, searched residence, and fled.
- 2:45 p.m.: Identity theft was reported on the 2500 block of Barbers Point Road. An unknown suspect used a victim's lost checks and debit card to make purchases.
- 8:51 p.m.: Auto theft was reported on the 2100 block of Central Avenue.
Thursday, Dec. 13
- 12:56 a.m.: Auto theft was reported on the 900 block of San Antonio Avenue. The suspect damaged the lock to passenger door and gained entry to the vehicle. The suspect further damaged the ignition.
- 9:55 a.m.: A residential burglary was reported on the 2800 block of Santa Clara Avenue. An unknown suspect entered the home while no one was there and took jewelry and a laptop computer.
- 10:40 a.m.: A burglary was reported on the 3200 block of Encinal Avenue. An unknown suspect cut the padlock off a door and entered the storage shed. The suspect stole precious metals, tools and money then fled in an unknown direction.
- 12:43 p.m.: Identity theft was reported on the 1400 block of Chestnut Street. An unknown suspect obtained citations under the victim's identity while driving.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
- 8:58 a.m.: A burglary vehicle was reported on the 2600 block of Blanding Avenue. An unknown suspect broke into the window of the victim's vehicle and stole a laptop computer.
- 8:43 a.m.: A burglary vehicle was reported on the 2200 block of Mariner Square Loop. An unknown suspect broke into the window of the victim's vehicle and stole a laptop computer.
- 9:25 a.m.: A burglary vehicle was reported on the 600 block of West Redline Avenue. A suspect cut the chain on a padlocked gate and entered a city-owned parking lot. The suspect attempted to open utility boxes on two vehicles and was unsuccessful. The suspects fled the area without any loss.
- 10:34 a.m.: Identity theft was reported on the 1800 block of Encinal Avenue. A suspect used a victim's identity to make a fraudulent purchase.
- 3:18 p.m.: A garage burglary was reported on the 1900 block of Sherman Street. A suspect gained entry into a victim's storage unit, by unknown means, and took a mountain bike.
- 5:05 p.m.: Two women ages 20 and 22 were cited for shoplifting at the 2200 block of South Shore Center. They attempted to leave the store after concealing merchandise under their clothing.
- 10:01 p.m.: Three juveniles ages 15, 16 and 17 were arrested on the 1700 block of Webster Street for possession of marijuana. The three were inside listed vehicle which had been reported stolen to Concord police on Dec. 10. Inside the vehicle, police found two loaded firearms along with a large amount of marijuana and money.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
- 8:46 a.m.: Auto theft was reported on the 80 block of Salmon Road.
- 4:40 a.m.: Forgery was reported at the 2200 block of Otis Drive. A suspect attempted to cash a forged check at a business. The suspect fled the business into a 58-year-old man's vehicle, who was later arrested for driving recklessly. The suspect fled the area on foot and was not located. The man's vehicle was found to be stolen and he was taken into custody.
- 3:06 p.m.: Embezzlement was reported on the 2200 block of South Shore Center. A 25-year-old man, a 20-year-old woman, a 49-year-old woman and a 16-year-old juvenile were arrested. They all conspired to commit theft. The 49-year-old woman told the other three to come to her register at a department store where she only charged each for a fraction of the items they selected. Once the transaction was complete, the three walked outside the store where they were detained by store security.
Monday, Dec. 10
- 9:53 a.m.: Grand theft from a vehicle was reported on the corner of Santa Clara Avenue and Oak Street. A suspect entered a victim's unlocked vehicle and took loss.
- 11:29 a.m.: Cruelty and endangerment of a child was reported on Central Avenue. During a dispute between two people where one was holding a baby seat which contained a 6-day-old child, one tried to hit the other. The suspect then chased after the reported for approximately twenty feet.
- 3:27 p.m.: A man was arrested on the 1400 block for possessing a stolen vehicle, resisting arrest and driving without a license. He drove a stolen vehicle through a stop sign without stopping. He then fled from the vehicle on foot when a traffic stop was conducted for the violation. The man ignored multiple orders to stop running. He was contacted approximately a block away from the original stop.
- 5:38 p.m.: A burglary vehicle was reported on the 2500 block of Blanding Avenue. An unknown suspect broke into a vehicle's window by unknown means, selected a bag containing a laptop and a book, then fled with the stolen items.
- 6:31 p.m.: Identity theft was reported at the 1200 block of Central Avenue. An unknown suspect obtained a victim's bank information and used it to make online purchases.
- 6:18 p.m.: Grand theft of a purse was reported on the 1300 block of Park Street. A suspect entered a business and took the victim's purse which contained the victim and business' property.
- 9:08 a.m.: Auto theft was reported on the corner of Pacific Avenue and Park Street.
This report does not include all incidents recorded on the Alameda Police Department's daily activity log. The complete log is available for viewing on the APD website.