From a City of Alameda press release:
The Public Works staff continues the community dialogue to create a Shore Line Drive/Westline Drive proposed bikeway, and invites interested community members to attend the third community meeting.
When: Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Lum Elementary School’s Multi-Purpose Room
1801 Sandcreek Way at Otis Drive
What: Modify striping on Shore Line Drive/Westline Drive to:
· install bikeway
· reduce number of travel lanes
· revise parking lane on the beach side of the street
· provide left-turn lanes at key locations
· install up to 20 bicycle racks
· install bus shelters on Shore Line Drive at Kitty Hawk Drive and on Grand Street at Shore Line Drive
· provide shuttle bus landing area on Westline Drive south of Shorepoint Court
· install up to three new crosswalk
To view the draft drawings and to preview the presentation, please refer to the following web page under “Current Project Documents”: http://www.cityofalamedaca.gov/City-Hall/Traffic-and-Transportation.
If you are unable to attend, please submit written comments by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 25, 2012 to Gail Payne, Transportation Coordinator, at City Hall West, 950 West Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, CA 94501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments will be part of the official public record.
The Transportation Commission (TC) is tentatively scheduled to review the proposed project on November 28, 2012 at 7 p.m. (City Council Chambers, 2263 Santa Clara Avenue). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gail Payne by phone at (510) 747-7948.