Eleven Alameda residents have been appointed to serve on the Oversight Committee.
Measure A is the school parcel tax that was in March, 2011. The oversight committee is charged with reviewing the district’s compliance with the terms of the tax.
board of education members approved the appointments at their Sept. 27 meeting. The 11 appointees were chosen from among 27 applicants. (See names and backgrounds of the new committee members below.)
Appointments to the oversight committee are to be made annually. The committee will meet several times over the course of the year to review AUSD’s compliance with the terms of Measure A.
The compliance committee's first meeting is scheduled for Oct. 27. Meeting agendas will be posted on the AUSD website at least 72 hours prior to each meeting.
The names of new committee are below in alphabetical order.
• Craig Elliott (a university administrator, describes himself as "vocal proponent" of Measure A, AUSD parent)
• David Hart (member of parcel tax advisory group 2009/2010, member of City of Alameda's Fiscal Sustainability Committee, AUSD parent)
• Wendy Horikoshi (education consultant, youth development professional, fiscal chair of )
• Barbara Kahn (member of League of Women Voters and Alameda Democratic Club)
• Steve Mack (scientist, AUSD parent)
• Lorrie Murray (business owner, former AUSD school PTA president, AUSD parent)
• Michael Robles-Wong (Measure A campaign chair, three-term board president of , AUSD parent)
• Dick Rudloff (engineer, 22-year City of Alameda employee, two previous oversight committee memberships)
• Courtney Shepler (CPA and auditor, AUSD parent)
• Seamus Wilmot (treasurer of Library Foundation board and Alameda Save Our Schools campaign, AUSD parent)