The Alameda City Council meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Unless otherwise noted, meetings take place in the City Council Chambers at City Hall. Public participating is encouraged.
The meeting agenda comes out the Thursday before the Tuesday City Council Meeting. Access the agenda here.
Order of Business for City Council Meetings is as follows:
- Staff Information
- Roll Call
- Proclamations and Special Orders of the Day and Announcements
- Consent Calendar
- Agenda Items
- Oral Communications, Non-Agenda (Public Comment)
- Council Communications (Communications from Council)
If You Wish To Address The Council
- Please file a speaker's slip with the Deputy City Clerk, and upon recognition by the Mayor, approach the rostrum and state your name; speakers are limited to 3 minutes per item.
- Lengthy testimony should be submitted in writing and only a summary of pertinent points presented verbally.
- Applause, signs or demonstrations are prohibited during Council meetings.
- For use in preparing the Official Record, speakers reading a written statement are invited to submit a copy to the City Clerk at the meeting or e-mail to: email@example.com
- Sign language interpreters will be available on request. Please contact the City Clerk at 747-4800 or TDD number 522-7538 at least 72 hours prior to the Meeting to request an interpreter.
- Equipment for the hearing impaired is available for public use. For assistance, please contact the City Clerk at 747-4800 or TDD number 522-7538 either prior to, or at, the Council Meeting.
- Accessible seating for persons with disabilities, including those using wheelchairs, is available.
- Minutes of the meeting available in enlarged print.
- Audio Tapes of the meeting are available upon request.
- Please contact the City Clerk at 747-4800 or TDD number 522-7538 at least 48 hours before the meeting to request any other reasonable accommodations that may be necessary.