From a City of Alameda press release:
The Public Works Department needs community input and invites residents to a public meeting on Thursday, May 10, to determine if there is support to restripe Shoreline Drive/Westline Drive to provide for bike lanes and encourage bicycling.
Modify striping on Shoreline Drive/Westline Drive to:
• install bike lanes
• reduce number of travel lanes from two lanes in each direction to one lane
• provide parking lanes on both sides of the street
• provide left-turn lanes at all intersections and other key locations
• install 20 bicycle racks
• install bus shelters on Shoreline Drive at Kitty Hawk Road and on Grand Street at Shoreline Drive
• provide shuttle bus landing area on Westline Drive south of Shorepoint Court
The proposed restriping would be along:
• Shoreline Drive between Westline Drive and Broadway
• Westline Drive between Otis Drive and Shoreline Drive
• Broadway between Shoreline Drive and Bayview Drive
The preliminary conceptual designs of the proposed improvements may be accessed on the following web page under “Current Project Documents:” http://www.cityofalamedaca.gov/City-Hall/Traffic-and-Transportation.
The May 10 meeting will begin at 7 p.m. at Lum Elementary School’s Multi-Purpose Room, 1801 Sandcreek Way at Otis Drive.
Individuals unable to attend the meeting may submit written comments by 5 p.m. on May 10 to Gail Payne, Transportation Coordinator, at City Hall West, 950 W. Mall Square, Room 110, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments received by 5:00 p.m. on May 10 will be part of the official public record.
Furthermore, the Transportation Commission will review the proposed project on July 25 at 7 p.m. (City Council Chambers, 2263 Santa Clara Ave.).