Join us for short presentations (5 minute "info blasts") by several of ABG's community partners including:
- Alameda Food Bank (Hank Leeper, Executive Director)
- Ploughshares Nursery (Jocelyn Bentley-Prestwich, General Manager)
- Project LEAF (Melanie Wartenberg & Kristoffer Koster)
- Alameda Free Library, Seed Library & Lending Tool Library (Joel Butler, Librarian, Green Thumbs, Green Minds Program)
- Alameda County Master Gardeners (Birgitt Evans)
- Alameda Backyard Beekeepers (Ann Naffziger)
- Alameda Backyard Chickens (Ann Naffziger)
We will also report on the total amount of locally grown produce donated by ABG members to the Alameda Food Bank in 2011.
ABG meetings are held monthly from 6:30 – 7:30 PM on second Tuesdays at Rhythmix Cultural Works (unless otherwise noted). Monthly meetings/workshops are free and open to all residents of Alameda and the surrounding area. Gardeners of all experience levels are welcome!
Monthly meetings are also a great time to drop off fruit and vegetable donations from your garden for the Alameda Food Bank. We deliver members' produce to the food bank the following morning where it is typically distributed to food bank clients within 24 hours.