Veterans Memorial Building
Drag box to select area
Two blocks from the Park Street business district on the corner of Walnut and Central Avenues, the Veterans Memorial Building was designed by local architect Henry H. Meyers and completed in 1929. The Spanish Colonial Revival building currently houses the offices of several local veterans' organizations, including American Legion, Disabled American Veterans and the Veterans of Foreign Wars. It also hosts the Alameda Recreation and Parks Department's Underground Teen Center, the Alameda Reads literacy program and Alameda Wee Play, a drop-in recreation group for babies, toddlers and their parents. The main hall and teen center are available for rental through the Recreation and Parks Department.
2203 Central Ave, Alameda, CA 94501
- Accessibility Details: Ramp and elevator
- Accessible: yes