Re: Sunshine Ordinance
What does this March 5 city council agenda item mean?
"Recommendation to: (1) Authorize the City Manager to Execute a Letter of Support to the United States Navy for Modification to the Surplus Determination of Land at the Former Naval Air Station Alameda; (2) Approve a Non-Binding Term Sheet between the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and the City of Alameda in Substantial Conformance with the Proposed Term Sheet. (Base Reuse 819099)"
Study questions for this open book challenge:
- How much “Determination of Land” has to occur before there is a surplus?
- Why does the Navy want to modify the amount of surplus?
- Is the "letter of support" a legal document, or will a Hallmark card do? Is it binding or non-binding?
- Why does the “Proposed Term Sheet” with the VA need a “Non-binding Term Sheet” for the binding term sheet? What’s between the sheets?
- Will the VA term sheet become binding without a letter of support to the Navy from the city manager?
- What does "Substantial Conformance" mean?
Research materials are found under item 6-B here.