LECTURE SERIES features local authors and luminaries discussing subjects from city architecture to history.
- Thursday March 29, 2012: Authors and Alameda Sun executives Dennis Evanosky and Eric Kos: “Underneath It All: Alameda Infrastructure.”
- Thursday April 26, 2012: Judith Lynch: “Monuments of Alameda.”
- Thursday May 31, 2012: Author Inge Schaefer-Horton “Women Architects of the East Bay,” featuring Mildred Meyers of Meyers house fame.
- Thursday June 28, 2012: Local author and transportation buff Grant Ute on his new book A Century of Public Transportation in San Francisco.
- Thursday July 26, 2012: Woody Minor: 125th Anniversary of our Electric Company (AMP)
- Thursday August 30, 2012: Kevin “the Diligent” Frederick: Research and Findings: how we discovered the truth about Alameda’s oldest commercial building, the Encinal Saloon, aka the storage structure for Gim’s Chinese Restaurant.
- Thursday September 27, 2012: Richard Rutter: Restoration saga of the NAS entrance jets.